Are you looking for software that will help you improve productivity? Are you looking for a way to make communication easier at your firm?
You might want to explore it a bit more. Ensuring that you invest in the right platform for a longer interval is important.
Is this a good choice for your business? Will you make a smart investment?
We will show you features and benefits to help you make a decision.
What is SharePoint?
There is a web-based platform called Microsoft Sharepoint Online. It has an integration with Microsoft Office for storing and sharing files. It is a content and document management system
It is possible to coordinate and communicate in a secure place with the help of SharePoint. You can build tasks, track schedules, and get information about the projects.
The method to use SharePoint:
- Go to microsoft365 as admin and choose the apps in the menu.
- Click on the create site option if you want to choose a Page.
- Go to the team site
- The design of your website should match your needs.
- Correct details include name and description
- Click on Finish to finish the setup.
Why are SharePoint document libraries vital?
They are a space for your members lists. You can have a separate library for every client, internal department, and partner. The documents and content are accessible to the users once they click on the library.
The best way to use the document library is by using the following method.
- The documents can be selected in the left- vertical pane.
- If you want to add new items, choose new. In the current library folder, you can drag and Drop files.
- You can open the Microsoft Office file in the app.
- You can change the file with other members at the same time in a modern web app. You still have the ability to stop others from working on a file at the same time.
What is the purpose of SharePoint?
1. SharePoint Lists
You can manage the information using sharepoint lists and libraries. SharePoint lists are similar to spreadsheets that consist of rows and columns. It is available to users after concurrent access to avoid any hassle in the data.
The web-based features of the project management system make it easy to create, update, and remove items from the list.
2. SharePoint Workflows
A set of decisions and tasks give you the outcomes. They are similar to the automated flowchart application that handles business processes. If you want to save time and effort, you should use a set of templates in SharePoint. Consistency will be gained by this.
There are different roles with the workflows.
- Creator: The person who will create the template of workflow.
- Author: The person who will configure the workflow of your organization using a workflow template.
- Initiator: This person will start a new workflow instance for a list item or document. They have permission to terminate the workflow if needed.
- Participant: This individual performs the task associated with the workflow
3. SharePoint Search
Users can enter and execute search queries with this feature. The recent website and any sub-sites have the scope of search in them. The application processes the query and returns results that match the query.
Links to libraries, lists, sites, documents, or web pages can be found in the search results. Permissions, previous searches and the context in responding to your queries are needed by the search engine in Microsoft SharePoint online. You can use the search query box on the web pages to find solutions.
4. SharePoint Libraries
The host has features to store, group, modify, filter, and capture vital data about the content stored. The library can be used to store the content from the data.
A library allows the members to manage, create, collect, and update files collaboratively. One of the many benefits of SharePoint is that you also get access to a great number of default libraries for specific purposes. You get the freedom to use default library apps to build new libraries.
5. SharePoint Project Site
The template has many components that support project management.
- There is a summary of the project.
- It is a task timeline.
- A task list.
- “There’s a calendar.”
- There is a document library
- Task management features are built in.
It is easy to handle tasks and projects with this method.
What are the pros and cons of SharePoint?
Pros of SharePoint
- Many Features: It has a diverse set of features like task management, document management, security information, and asset library. This gives your organization a seamless experience in sharing, managing, and storing information in the digital world.
- Office 365 Integration: Office 365 products work seamlessly with SharePoint. Your organization can leverage all products and connect them with SharePoint.
- Integration: There are great exclusive functionalities with SharePoint. You can also integrate extensions with existing businesses, including CRM and ERM. This will make it easier for organizations to get access to information.
- Customization: Many organizations are choosing SharePoint as it can be molded to meet various business requirements. It gives you different types of enterprise solutions, intranets, portals, collaborative workspaces, and more.
- Reliability: With Microsoft support, you can rely upon solutions during setup, installation, and more. They will provide answers to the technical problems you come across in SharePoint.
- Collaboration: SharePoint aims to increase employee participation if used properly. You can use it as a central hub for messages, video chat, schedule meetings, and other productivity tools.
- Data Security: Microsoft SharePoint online has advanced level protection. The data transmissions are protected using the best encryption method. There is two-factor authentication to identify the correct users.
Cons of SharePoint
- Less Control: Once you move to cloud services, you get control of the front-end and could disrupt your business requirements.
- Increases Bandwidth: It is a slow and painful experience after migrating with Office 365 and may increase your bandwidth.
- Extra Development Efforts: Consider the additional time, issues, and cost required in case of integration. This might affect the productivity of the employees.
- Extensive Features are complicated: With a wide range of SharePoint features and benefits, you get confused. It consumes more time to invest in tailoring the perfect features and functions.
The Last Takeaway!
“The features, pros, and cons of SharePoint have been provided to you by us. It’s perfect for small, medium, and large businesses that need team collaboration for projects.”